Saturday, January 19, 2008

A publisher came knocking.....Finally!!

Yesterday I was approached by a publisher to write a book. I can’t say much about the project, as the contract has not been signed yet.

But we emailed back and forth throughout the day and spoke on the phone. We established the work fits in well with my skills set, work experience and interests. She also sent the material that forms the basis of the book. She says we’ll know by the end of the week whether we are a go, at which stage she'd send a contract,I assume.

That’s what I call starting the year with a bang!

Now all I need to do is to improve on my project management and time management skills, so I can fulfill all my creative objectives on schedule:-)

This is a big step forward in my career, exactly the direction I want to take, but I don't want to short-change my journalism writing, which I also enjoy very much.

I also don’t want to work myself to the bone. As I said this earlier this year, this time I’ll try to work smarter, not harder. And I’ll make try not to juggle too many balls.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.