Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Productive Morning

Feeling a bit more energetic today. Started the day early, updating web sites and initiating discussions on forums. Reader responses to my question on whether you would want to know if your partner was cheating on you was very interesting, in that, most people on the forums where I posted the question, including FB, foscussed on the potential for disillusionment and pain. It was only later that Gaynor Paynter mentioned the fact that actually, none of us have the luxury of not wanting to know, because of HIV. If you don't know he/she is cheating, you won't think about using a condom, and heaven knows who else the other partner is seeing:-)

Also check out Richard de Nooy's profile on the Read SA micro site. Richard is rather funny, so please take a moment to enjoy him as he tells you about himself, and his book. As I said in my last post, the idea is to introduce you to South African authors you may not know, and their works. You might discover a new author to fall in love with.

I'm planning to spend the rest of the morning/day writing copy for a newsletter. And when I'm done, hopefully I'll still have some brain cells left over to write some fiction. Meanwhile, let me introduce you to Baby's rhyming poetry:-)

If a birdie in the sky
Makes a poopy in your eye
Don’t be sad, don’t cry
Just be glad that elephants don’t fly

...................................................................

There was once a spook
Who was hung on a hook
On a tree by the brook.
Cos he took the mayor’s wife’s doek
While she sat reading a book
And threw it in the brook
Cos he thought it was a hoot.

...........................................................

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Rhymes are my pet peeve. Baby's poetry would drive me loopy within an hour ;-)

Damaria Senne said...

and that is her plan. I finally begged her to stop.

Trish Donmall said...

LOL, actually they're not too bad in small doses I'm sure, if she's anything like Hana though they continue all day without end until brided/begged to stop.

Damaria Senne said...

I was getting VERY LARGE doses of them,which drove me batty in no time at all:-)

po said...

I love it! The fun poetry! I love rhymes. I am hopeless at writing them myself. Did she really make that up herself? It's awesome! I love playing silly word games like that, but sadly most people around me don't share that delight. I think Baby would run rings around me though.

Damaria Senne said...

@po- Oh yes, she made it up herself. I never do poetry that rhymes. Not sure I like it:-) Mine is mostly full of angst, and while it helps me work out issues in my life, it's not usually the kind that can be put out for publish consumption. That is why I don't see myself as a poet really, even though I've had some published.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.