Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Getting Ready For A Writing Marathon

You know what I have loved most about the Zuma love-child debacle? The media is now using the phrase concurrent partners in conversations. When I first started to develop copy for the OneLove web site, I hadn’t even considered that someone you’re having an affair with could be called a multiple concurrent partner. The term is logical, when you think about it, but we usually used other phrases. And when your web content has to be search optimised a big concern is whether anyone (except the activists) would actually use the phrase or search for that term. President Zuma, bless his heart, is unwittingly making multiple concurrent partners an everyday phrase.

Had a long client briefing yesterday and am now going to begin work on a web site that goes live some time in March. The site is for a campaign against violence that’s driven by alcohol abuse and will be linked to two new seasons of ongoing TV drama series.

I can also see the content of this new web site linking beautifully with the OneLove and Kwanda web sites. Don’t you just love it when a puzzle comes together almost seamlessly?Sorry I can’t give more details until the media briefing when the new seasons of the series go on air. But I’ve known the project was in the pipeline for a long time and I’ve been looking forward to it. It’s something I can sink my teeth into, like the OneLove project, because the campaign will continue after the TV series, giving me an opportunity to get a bit creative with content.

I’m a bit bummed though that work on one web site that I thought I’d have finished developing by now has not even begun yet. I’m mostly doing the work on a volunteer basis, and I have a web developer and designer lined up (and raring to go) but the client is delaying things picking on small details. With my luck, this client will get sorted out just when my copy deadlines for the alcohol site start looming, complicating my life. Ho hum!

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.