- 41% of learners had at least two sexual partners, 12% used alcohol or drugs before sex, and 13% had sex at the age of 14.
- A shocking 52% of learners had an abortion, 19% have been pregnant or made someone pregnant and only 31% used condoms during sex.
- A huge number of learners, 75% are smokers and 35% drink alcohol.
- Kwanda - I'm asking members to do something in their communities to help their own youths.
- Read SA - we're talking about how we can use books to effect social change and show young people the many options that are open to them, if only they knew how and where to look.
- OneLove- the focus is on what we can do to discourage young people from having multiple concurrent partners
- Phuza Wize - the focus is on what we can do to discourage young people from starting to drink at an early age
- Give a young person a book or bunch of magazines to read
- Listen when they try to tell you about events in their world
- Offer a Saturday gardening job
- Volunteer for an hour at the local community centre
- Give a talk at your local school about your work and the challenges and rewards you gain.
Youth focus on HIV/AIDS
Cape teens are SA tearaways
Campaigns make youth wary of sex