Monday, August 16, 2010

Long Shots

Penguin Books in the UK is accepting unsolicited book manuscripts from the 1st August until the end of October.

This is huge, because usually the publisher does not accept unsolicited manuscripts, and it's a wonderful shortcut to get to them without having to worry about getting an agent first.

And they didn't specify any genre this special consideration applies, which means you can send whatever you think could fit with one of their imprints.

This morning I submitted something I've been working on and off for the past couple of months.

Obviously it's a long shot, considering that my submission will be in the slush pile ( and therefore it could be a while before anyone even looks at it) and who knows that the story will resonate with them? But I'm determined to send out most of my babies out there into the world. They've been hiding in the dusty confines of my laptop long enough:-)

BTW, on OneLove we're talking about sex after childbirth (and how this can affect a relationship, and lead to a husband to cheat), on READ SA, we're talking heavily packed bookshelves and what you'd do if someone offered you more books. And on the Shukumisa campaign, Lisa Vetten of the Tshwaranang Legal Advocacy Centre writes abused women still suffer alone.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

2 comments:

po said...

Wow. That is so cool. I wish I had something to submit. I wish your manuscript the best of luck. To be published in the UK is huge!

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

That *is* huge, Damaria! Thanks for the heads up!! :)
Judy

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.