Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Blog Action Day

Petitions by Change.org|Start a Petition »


Have you signed up for Blog Action Day yet? As you know, it's an annual event taking place on the 15th October. This year's theme is WATER.

I'd also like to remind you that tomorrow is the deadline for submissions on the Protection from Harassment Bill. So if you were planning to blog about harassment or stalking or even cyber-bullying, now would be a good time? And don't forget to send me your link, so that my client Tshwaranang Legal Advocacy Centre can include it in their submission.

Got a few more responses for the gigs I applied for. Two temp agencies for creatives will include me in their books. There is also a potential book project ( Yay me! You know how much I've been wanting more of those!). Then there is a sponsored blog gig. Small but potentially long-term.

Basically, the way the blogging thing will work is, the client (a retail company) will send me a topic, and I write a post about it, publish it here on Storypot, and then let her know that it's live. She checks it out, and then I invoice her, and I do the next post.

The posts will not be product promotions. Rather, they will be informational. So don't worry that I will suddenly bombard you with advertorial. And it will still be on something you know I enjoy doing and talking about, so you're not going to end up looking at this blog and thinking, "who are you?"

Once the sponsored blogging starts, PLEASE PLEASE let me know what you think? If it's not working for you, I'd rather you told me than quietly leave. Yeah, cos I like you:-)

Anyhoo, some of you have previously asked me about freelance writing, especially the finding projects part of it. So I'm  trying to take you on this journey with me. Hopefully, you'll find something useful out of my learnings.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.