Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ups & Downs Of A Writer's Life

Yesterday was a rough day and soo emotionally exhausting. You know when lotsa things go wrong at the same time at work  and you feel like you've been on the job for a hundred years? Yup, that was me. So, I worked and I pushed and follow-up, but productive I was not! So I sorta wrote the day off, and decided to wake up at 3am this morning to catch up.

Found that a feature article I did about 2 weeks ago was accepted ( new client), and the guy will give me work in fuure. Just not as much as we initially discussed when we first spoke. I'm not complaining; we both came out ahead and he was cool to work for.

And a book project that I have been brewing is close to contract stage. I like the terms on the table and if I say yes, they'll send me the contract full of legalese to sign. The email offering the contract was very nice to wake up to.

Now it's 5h25 and time I got back to the work I pushed aside yesterday.....

3 comments:

tiah said...

Sorry about hard days. But book - wow - that sounds very exciting!

Damaria Senne said...

Morning Tiah. Yes, it is exciting for me. I hope the whole thing comes through without a hitch. But it will take time before I'm confident. I'll feel better when both parties have signed the contract:-)

po said...

So exciting. I hope everything works out for you!

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.