Friday, March 25, 2011

Did I Say Persistence Pays?

Flower girl by Alison McKay
Weeks ago I mentioned I mentioned that my friend Alison McKay, who's an upcoming artist, had started a Painting A Day series. Alison is a single mother, has a fulltime job and is also working hard to establish herself as an artist. So, the wonderful news is that a very well-known Johannesburg gallery has agreed to exhibit her series in April 2012 (for four weeks). And on top of that, last night at an exhibition, a company bought 10 of her paintings (not part of the ongoing series).

I've known Alison for close to 20 years now (maybe) and I don't know how many times we've talked about our creative careers, the challenges and how we can work around them. And sometimes, accomplishing these goals seemed like a distant dream that would never happen for both of us. But lately, she's been investing everything she can in her dream, never mind the sleepless nights. And it's wonderful to see it all come together.

Anyhoo, I guess I just wanted to say that if you have a dream, no matter how difficult it seems to accomplish, keep plugging away. Your time will also come.

Congratulations Alison. I hope more people fall in love with your art and buy it. And I'm certain the exhibition next year will be a success.

P.S. She's the friend doing my company and blog logo.


.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.