Monday, April 18, 2011

So what about Friday?

The Friday meeting with the organisation I want to do a newsletter for went well and I'll hear from them soon about whether I'm their man .. ahem.. managing editor. Actually, the pub is more than a newsletter - it's a magazine, which will have 70% editorial and 30% advertising, with the advertising portion being done by an agency. Ja, it will mean that Damaria Senne Media is actually growing up, if I'm able to handle a project of that scope. Like I said, wish me luck!

The rest of the day was very busy. I updated client sites as usual, did a bit of research and writing, liaised with some people I'd subcontrated work to and looked for more publishing opportunities. I also:
  • I submitted 6 articles that were gathering dust in my computer to portal that says they're looking for general interest articles. The pay really sucks, but even a low fee is better than having the articles gather dust.
  • I edited and scheduled a short story that I wrote years ago on this blog. It's called "Cold blows the summer wind" and I hope that you do have the time to read it. I wrote the story, which was part of an online writing group exercise in 2000, I think. I hope I grew as a writer since then.
My short story synopsis was accepted for the anthology: Outcasts. Deadline is the 1st August, so I have time to write the story. Thank you Tiah for sending me the anthology brief.

How as your Friday? What did you accomplish? Or did you just sigh "TGIF"?

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.