Friday, May 08, 2015

News From My Home Office

A big thank you to Lori Widmer over at Words on the Page for initiating the annual Writers' Worth Month. Lori's posts constantly remind me to ask more from myself and my business.

My take away from her post is, don't listen to people try to tell you your worth as a writer. You determine that. Sometimes they'll even tell you that the  economy is bad that we writers should  settle for what we can get.

She has also reinforced my view that that running a writing business is bloody hard work. LOL! Despite the challenges, I still love the job.

As for me, as I sit at my desk right now, I have that comfortable feeling I'm where I'm supposed to be, doing exactly what should be doing. It's a good feeling to have.
 
My homeoffice today. I love working in this space  
The past couple of months have been busy. In a good way.  Here are some highlights:


Did a lot of marketing and client work- because a girl has got to eat even as she embarks on a novel-writing career. 

Wrote a second draft of the Unnamed Romantic Story - to be published under my pen name. I'm happier with this version but it still needs work

Co-wrote a non-fiction ebook with my friend Christelle Du Toit - it's our second ebook, and to be honest, Christelle is the one driving the writing of this one. 

Sent out a novel mauscript to a number of people for critiquing - many thanks to all the people who invested their time to help me in making that novel shine. Much appreciated. I'm also planning to email you directly.. because I know you are busy and yet you took the time to help me out.  I'll make announcements about that novel when we're ready and the time is right. 

Helped a friend put in a new theme on her blog and to rearrange some things. It's a work-in-progress, but we're happy with how it it looks so far. 


Planted up my winter garden- because we grow most of our vegetables and herbs. I also enjoyed spending time in the kitchen and trying out some recipes.
Homemade pizza
Helped to set operational for a local community-based organisation in lieu of volunteering - It's amazing how giving to others can make you feel better about your own troubles.  Here is the Facebook page I set up for them. 

Organised and put together material for a workshop that's scheduled for 30 May.

It's getting better everyday. Now I just need to communicate more. This blog post is a step in that direction.


6 comments:

Corinne Rodrigues said...

You really have been busy! Congratulations on another book out, the new look of your home office and blog!
Wishing you a happy, creative time ahead, Damaria.

lolankik.blogspot.com said...

They say live everyday as if it was your last lady you are the embodiment of this!!! Go girl!

MartieCoetser said...

Damaria, you've been quite busy. The same here! Best of luck with your projects. I wish I had time to keep a vegetable garden :)

Damaria Senne said...

@Corinne - thank you. I'm happy with the way my new creative life is evolving. I hope you are well too.

@Neo - Thank you. I wouldn't manage half the things I do if it weren't for you.

@Martie - I'm glad I have the space to do it. For me, it's a form of relaxation, source of most of my produce and my main source of exercise. Kill sereral birds with one stone )

Good to hear you've been busy too, Martie. I hope the words are coming easily.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.