Monday, May 11, 2009

Gaile Parkin Amazon Rising Star

Amazon has chosen my friend Gaile Parkin, author of Baking Cakes in Kigali, as one of its Rising Stars for the first half of 2009.

Amazon says, "Each title has been read and selected by our Rising Stars panel as being the very best in new and emerging literature."

Congratulations, Gaile!

So if you haven't read Baking Cakes in Kigali, grab yourself a copy. And if you love it, please write a customer review of the book on Amazon.

The review doesn’t need to be long or intellectual, and it can be anonymous.

Out of the 8, the book that receives the highest number of great reviews will be crowned the winner.

Meanwhile, I have a very bad dry cough. Could be the beginning of a flu.

I'm very unhappy about this, because I take a lot of precautions (like eat well, exercise, take immune boosters etc). But I was exposed to two friends who had the flu.

I wish they'd stayed at home, because being sick will slow me down in work and life. Now I'm drinking a lot of ginger to try to fight the cold/flu.

If the situation persists, or I get worse, I'll have to go see a doctor.

Urgggg!

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.