|Enter the race!|
So I spent some time editing and sending out material (both client work and my own creative material) to be published/used:
1. Finished the edits of a translation of a client booklet, sent the copies to language editors I know, and then forwarded to clients once they'd double checked my work.
2. Edited a poem I wrote some time back and submitted it to The Poetry Project.
3. Edited a 1600-word chapter of a story that didn't seem to be going anywhere. I wrote the story years ago, and somehow I got stuck after the first chapter. Or maybe this story stands alone as a short story? I don't know. Anyhoo, I sent the story as a contribution to our Writers' Group monthly round-robin. I was supposed to be the first contributor, so the next writer in the queue is going to write the second chapter, take the story in a new direction.
4. Published a story in an online forum for beta readers, so they can critique it. This story will probably be published under a pen name ( yes, I have occassionally used one) so I'm not putting the title of the story here.
5. Also sent out an enquiry to the National Library of South Africa to apply for the ISBN number for the children's book. BTW, registration is free.
I'm going to try to send out some creative material out at least once a week, so I increase my chances of getting published.
Thank you Tiah, for the reminder.