Monday, August 21, 2006

The doll that grew: text posted online

I’ve posted the text of “The doll that grew” here.

The children’s story was published in 1993, and it’s been a long time since Macmillan SA actively promoted, but back in the days, the book was heavily distributed in Botswana and Swaziland.

Reading through the text, I can see a number of areas where it could do with rewriting and editing. I suppose it’s natural I cringe about the story now.

I was 26 when the story was published and 24 when it was accepted for publication. It would be real scary if I hadn’t grown as a writer since then.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.