Thursday, November 30, 2006

I am not a baby

I just posted a contemporary story titled "I am not a baby" inspired by a hideous coat my aunt gave to me when I was a little girl.

While the story is not true - my mother was the principal at the school I attended so she was at hand to help me get ready for school - I could empathise with the character of Manana.

For me, Manana represents my school friends, my cousins and all the children whose parents have a job outside the home and have to leave them alone in the morning to fend for themselves.

Manana is who I fear Baby would be, when the helper doesn't show up and I have meetings scheduled and deadlines to meet and I'm torn between my work and parenting responsibilities.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.