Monday, April 16, 2007

CELEBRATING WORLD BOOK DAY ON THE 23 APRIL


CELEBRATING WORLD BOOK DAY ON THE 23 APRIL

South Africa celebrates World Book Day on the 23 April, so mark that on your calendar to do something that encourages children to read.

The Centre for the Book is coordinating activities related to event. Check out some of the suggested activities.



CARNIVAL OF THE STORYTELLERS

My post on using the blog to build a memory box for Baby, which I called Tell me a story about my past, was included in the 7th edition of the Carnival of Storytellers hosted by DigitalRichDaily.

Other posts in the edition include the story of a young boy who dies at the age of 3 and is able to keep an eye on his living family. The story was posted at 365Fiction Beyond by Elvis D.

Also included in the edition is the Tale of a 10-Year Old Sniper which provides a real-life account a boy soldier in 1968 by Don West . Strong language warning.

Read the full 7th edition of the Carnival of Storytellers at

BOOK REVIEW PROJECT

I heard from one of the major publishers I sent a book review proposal to over the weekend. She didn’t say “No” so I still have a chance. Unfortunately, she didn’t say “Yes” either.

She forwarded the proposal has been forwarded to the marketing manager, who’ll make the final decision and let me know.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.