Thursday, June 28, 2007

Have an article on the South African NGO Network's web site

My Q and A with Ramon Thomas made the front page of the web site of the South African NGO Network (Sangonet).

Sangonet is a national non-profit organisation that encourages and assists other non-profits with issues around the use of technology to deliver services to disadvantaged communities.

I’m very excited about this, because Sangonet is a reputable, well-known organisation with national scope, and members include child welfare organisations.

Sangonet also publishes an online database of South African non-profit organisations called Prodder.

I also have an article (about blogging) due to come out in the newsletter of the South African chapter of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. Not sure about dates, but will keep you posted. The article will also be published in the SCWBI Gauteng blog. Will link up to it when it's out.

Also, don’t forget to read Absolute Write on Tuesday 2 July and 9 July, where I expect to have 2 articles published.

I’m still not sure if the Ezine Articles experiment is working. In the month since I joined the portal, I submitted 12 articles and they are now live.

Collectively, these articles have been viewed over 650 times by publishers, online markets and bloggers. I don’t know how many publishers eventually used them though.

I haven’t seen an increased hit rate on my stories at ITWeb, but I remind myself that it’s only been more than a month since I joined the portal.

It will take time for publishers start using my stories and for people to click through to the ITWeb site and my blog.

It also strikes me that maybe readers from Ezine Articles do click through to the ITWeb site, but don’t find anything they can use directly for their business because it’s a South African technology news site, so they move on. I need to give this experiment more thought…..

Read my interview with Ramon here.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.