Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Frog Princess Retold

This time I am diverging from my brief of telling African folktales and contemporary stories, but this story was just sitting there at my fingertips, begging me to share it with you. So how could I not?

Please note that my take is very different from the original Russian fairytale The Frog Princess and is not intended to be a revision of that story.

Also note I am not the originator of the concept for this story. I first heard it told by Michael Aitken, MD of the Centratel Group, the largest ICT distributor in Africa.

It was a short joke, more geek humour really, at an event I attended today. But I did flesh it out, put in a proper setting, some characterisation, motivations and dialogue etc.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it!

And thanks Michael, for the inspiration!

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.