Sunday, December 02, 2007

Below is a two-part review of The Golden Compass, starring Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig and Dakota Blue Richardson, I also did a social commentary on it, I suppose because of the religious controversy.

The reason I wrote about it, in the context of this blog is because:

- Some of us are parents and therefore the issues affect us
- African stories, especially folktales, are littered with gods who influence destinies, teach, reward and punish our characters.

But the controversy got me wondering if, for Christian families who feel strongly that children's fiction should not conflict with their religious beliefs, whether the presence of gods in African folktales is an issue.

Read my review, and social commenntary.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.