Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Inspiring People


Caesar Molebatsi
Originally uploaded by damariasenne
I’ve known Caesar Molebatsi, CEO of Empowa (www.empowa.co.za), social justice activist (www.felehetsa.co.za), former Presidemt of the World Alliance of YMCAs and inspirational speaker, for a couple of years. I guess he’s some sort of family connection by marriage.

But today, at a family dinner party, was the very first time that he and I had a meaningful conversation about our respective occupations.

I found him to be very interesting and inspiring and I really hope that he writes the book that he spoke about. He has something important to say, and I think his message could have great impact on shaping young people's minds today.

“There is nothing wrong with building a castle in the air. The problem arises when you try to live in it,” he said when we spoke about taking the steps that helps one reach his/her goals.

I also connected with the Okafor family, who are Nigerian but have been adopted into my extended family.

They've finally opened the restaurant they were planning when I last saw them.

Based in Rosebank, the restaurant is called Hightable (www.hightable.co.za) and offers authentic North African cuisine. It was wonderful to see part of my friends' dreams come true.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.