Friday, October 17, 2008

Mea Culpa: I spammed A LOT of people thru Facebook

I have a big apology to make today. I inadvertently spammed my whole address book through Facebook.

I was trying to learn how to use the invitation feature, and I accidently clicked on it to send invitations to my whole address book.Emails even went to lists that I belong to.

That is not cool, and I wouldn't be surprised if some people were ticked with me. Firstly, not everyone in my address book is a friend. And as Louis-Marc put it "you know I hate Facebook" and "if you want to talk to me, use your own words."

Actually, I do prefer to use my own words, and to individually ask people I know to link with me. What's the point of having a huge contact base of strangers who don't know or care who I am and what I do?

So if you wandered here because you received an email from me titled "CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PROFILE," and you're wondering who in heaven's name this Damaria Senne is, let me say right now she is one contrite gal right now. And she promises to be very careful next time she plays around with Facebook features that are new to her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

darn, and here I thought ya were getting all frisky! ;0) Actually, snifff... I didn't GET an email - wot am I, chopped liver?

Seriously, doesn't matter to me either way, but I understand how you feel. Thanks for the apology... now lemme go check out that feature on FB and... ;0)
Batface

Damaria Senne said...

Careful with that thing. We could start a new spamming trend. Thankfully people were very kind about my gaffe.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.