Thursday, April 16, 2009

Took refuge at the city library

Today I was a refugee at the city library. Woke up to find that we'd had a scheduled power cut I didn't know about.

So no power, no hot water ( aka no tea to jumpstart my system), limited batttery life on my laptop to work on.

And as happens on days like this, something worse happened: my helper decided that today was a good day to wash the windows and curtains, and she promptly took all the curtains off the windows and soaked them, leaving me in a very unfriendly house.

So I took my grumpy self ( I am grumpy if I don't start the morning with a large mug of tea and can't work) to the city library, hoping that city centre was not affected by the power cuts. Thank God they weren't!

Managed to update the web site of the OneLove Southern Africa campaign and arrange two interviews before I got word that the power was back on and I could come back home.

Check out the interview I did for the OneLove web site with Xolile Maluka, who played Dineo on the TV drama series Soul City series 9 (seen in the picture on the left with Wandile Molebatsi, who plays Bulela, boyfriend on Soul City)

Xolile is a bubbly young lady and I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with her.

And finally, I want to offer a BIG THANKS to Elsie van Rooyen from TAVASA, who stayed online with me until the wee hours of the morning, helping me to change the template of this blog without losing the design features.

Ek het dit baie waardeer, Elsie!

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.