Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Ultimate Gift - A Charity Screening To Raise Funds For Cancer Treatment

My friend Ramon Thomas has finally talked me into attending the charity screening of The Ultimate Gift,a 2007 film based on author Jim Stovall's novel of the same name.

It isn't that I didn't want to support a good cause (Faces of Hope Foundation, which raises funds for individuals who need financial assistance for cancer treatment and awareness of various cancers). I was quite happy to spend the R150 for the ticket.

But going out on a weekday is a bit of a schlepp. I either have to find someone to babysit for the evening, or drag an 11-year old to an event when she should be in bed by 20h30. And then, there's the fact that I need to watch Kwanda at 9pm. Anyhoo, I'm sure Baby will survive sleeping late. And I'll watch Kwanda on Thurday morning.

For more info about the event, check out the event listing on Facebook.

Short synopsis from Wikipedia

When Howard "Red" Stevens (portrayed by James Garner) died, Jason (Drew Fuller) thought he was going to inherit a piece of the old man's multi-billion dollar estate, but it came with a condition.

In order to get his share of the willed inheritance, Jason must complete 12 separate assignments within a year. Each assignment is centered around a "gift". Gifts of money, friends and learning are among the dozen that Jason must perform before he is eligible for the mysterious "Ultimate Gift" his grandfather's will has for him.

I'll do a short review on Thursday.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.