Saturday, August 07, 2010

Spring Is Early

The week took a lot out of me, so I'm going to spend a lot of time relaxing this weekend, though I might attend a work-related event on Monday.

My dog Gideon didn't make it. So I'm feeling a bit off. I didn't know him long enough, but it was hard fighting for his life and losing. Poor Hayley, Gideon's mother, is aware and was very whiny last nighht.

Spent some time working off some of the negative energy in the garden. Spring seems to have arrived much earlier than scheduled, so I'm using the time to make things grow, enjoy some time outdoors.

The time for bartering from one's garden has also started early. Got a basketful of carrots, avodacos and lemons from a couple of friends, in exchange for harvests of parsley and basil. I think I got the better end of the deal:-) Now I have to peel a lot of carrots, cook and freeze them.
Not fun!

2 comments:

tiah said...

So sorry about your puppy. Hope the Women of Courage event(s) go well.

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

(((hugs))) on losing Gideon! :( Nothing like a garden to restore inner peace and calm.

Enjoy the sun - heard Monday is going to be cold up here! :(

Judy
Watch my blog for free autographed book copies to celebrate Women's Day on Monday, 9th August

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.