Saturday, September 11, 2010

Moderated Community-Building Workshop

Saturday morning was cold and cloudy and I didn't really want to get out of bed. But I had to drag myself out of bed, because I was scheduled to facilitate a workshop on Community Building  organised by our local residents association. 

The workshop was very well-attended, with over 100 ( I think) residents attending to discuss community development issues, with many of them also volunteering their services/expertise. My portion was community-building.


My group was really eager to communication tactics and instead of having to prompt them to talk, I had to mostly direct their input. It was fantastic. They also volunteered to take the process forward; help with the planning and implementation.

In the long-term, I hope to use some of what we're doing as a comms case study to show how a residents association can use various tools to mobilise community members to make a city suburb look better and feel better.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.