Laura says: "the party is held for all children currently receiving treatment at the clinics as well as a gift is provided for each child that has come through the clinic during the year."
More about Kidz Clinics
Kidz Clinics are one-stop child-friendly centres providing free medical and psychological treatment for children who have been sexually, physically and emotionally violated. The clinics help the abused child from the minute the crime is reported right through to the court case. The are six clinics and Laura is hosting a party for one of them.
The clinics are run by "Women and Men Against Child Abuse," an organisation committed to fighting for the rights of the child and to end the abuse of children in South Africa, by striving to form a multi-faceted, dynamic and aggressive offensive against any form of abuse.
Interestingly, this is one of those times when my own work and a friend's interests unknowingly collide because Kidz Clinic is one of the partners of my client Shukumisa.
What Laura needs
Laura says she needs:
- Photography – we need this because the identity of the children can not be made public so the organisation wants to speak to the photographer first. Also this is obviously going to need to be done free of charge.
- 35 Gifts – I have a list of names/ages etc of the children. Limit is R100 per gift.
- A face painter – we need this so that the children can have their faces painted and still remain “anonymous”
- Money for the lunches. The Dros will supply each child with a meal but we will have to find money to pay for it. I will have the price of the meals by monday but it will be around R30
- Sweets/snacks to be set out around the play area.
- 4 volunteers to help watch the children. They will get dropped off and fetched. Their parents are not allowed to attend the function.
For more information about Kidz Clinics here is the quarterly report for April - June 2010.