Friday, February 04, 2011

Sometimes Personal Contact Is Best

I had a good in-person meeting with a  client I haven't seen in a couple of months. I continued to do work for her organisation and communicate by email during this period, but we didn't see each other.

And when we did, it was beautiful. I met many of her new staff members ( and now know who to bug for more story ideas), and our meeting actually felt like a brainstorming session, because the more she spoke, the more she sparked my own creativity.

Her passion came through our chat, and that told me more about what is important to her than any old email could. So, yeah, I still like working virtually and not getting stuck in the meeting after meeting treadmill. But in person meetings are also essential in a virtual worker/client relationship.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.