It's been an emotionally tough week, with lots of ups and downs.
1. Computer went funny and started using up more bandwidth than I'm used to. Some of the projects I've worked on in the past have involved videos and high resolution pictures, so I have a pretty good idea of my consumption rates. Turned out I had a lot of automatic software updates (thumbs down to Microsoft).
2. Was invited to bid on a web site project. Gave potential client a very reasonable price but was undercut by someone who asked for less than 50% of my bid price and potential client went with that bid. It shook my confidence a bit because I wondered if I've turned into an over-priced prima donna. After chatting with Pam, I realised that my pricing structure is actually middle of the road for the client base I'm trying to attract. I'm not sure how the service provider my client went with can afford to build a web site and online store for the price he asked for, but I wish everyone best luck.
3. Several old clients got back in touch and two offered immediate assignments on the same day as event 2. Kinda wiped my tears very quickly and reminded me that things happen for a reason.
4. Emailed publisher to take back a manuscriptthey accepted. That was hard, because publisher made an email offer but then the whole process got stuck in bureacracy ( I think) and they stopped communicating. Starting from scratch to shop a manuscript makes me nervous but we can't wait forever when publisher doesn't communicate.
5. Baby's coming to visit this coming weekend. I'm soo looking forward to seeing her!
6. Learnt to use blogger's new interface. It looks nice, but change means spending more time on a task I didn't initially budget for.
7. Spring Day celebration is on Sunday and I spent some this week clearing out my romance novel bookshelves, deciding on what books to sell and pricing them. Will finish the bulk of the work tomorrow.