Thursday, December 01, 2011

It's official: this summer cold is not going to kill me

Yesterday I dosed myself with cold meds and slept on and off for most of the afternoon and night, drinking more meds every time I woke up. Also slept in this morning. So now it's official: this summer cold is not going to kill me. I know, I know, I'm being a baby and a cold doesn't kill. But sometimes it makes me feel so miserable I wish it would so the torture would end!

On the work front, today I'm getting book 5 ready to submit to client. Book 4 and 5 are based on book 1 and 2, so they are a bit easier to work through. Yay me!

I've also started to aggressively look for another project for next year. It will be a while before this publishing project ends, but I don't want to come out of it and find that I don't have another big gig moving forward. Long-term projects are what give me security: I wake up in the morning knowing exactly what I need to accomplish. They also buy me the time to write creatively, because with the freelance writing and publishing on course, I have the space to think about my creative writing and self-publishing goals. It's much like having a fulltime job. Without the commute. Or the water cooler gossip. Or the medical aid and pension fund.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Glad you're feeling better, Damaria! Hate when the colds hit during the NICE weather.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.