Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Decision validated

An old friend unknowingly validated my decision to retell and publish old Setswana folktales. She SMSed me to ask me if I still remembered the story of Tselane and the giant, and if so, can I retell it to her?

She says she's the official storyteller to her nieces and the they are having so much fun she needs more stories for variety. Of course I was happy to send her a copy of the story. We'll see what she thinks.

I think she is the ideal target market for my children's stories - someone who regularly tells the children in her care bedtime stories and has a very keen interest in African folktales. Now if I could find more like her to buy my ebooks:-)

Meanwhile, I have a guest post on Young Work At Home Moms, where I chat about the benefits and challenges of working from home.  Check it out.

1 comment:

Rhodora said...

I have a six-year old daughter and she loves to read children's stories. Tselane and the Giant is something new to us. Will look for it. :-) By the way, I found your blog on Purebloggers' Giveaways' section. I hope I can have a copy of your non-fiction ebook. That is, if I made it to the first five commenters.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.