Monday, September 23, 2013

Starting A Writing Spree

The past week was very productive. Mma has been doing exceptionally well lately, so I had time to finish several client articles and to do a lot of transcription for a project. I also researched and started writing on a new course module, and went to Joburg for a client to brief  me for a new batch of work. And yes, it's the client I was worried about. It turns out I don't suck afterall :-). 



The old cottage gets a new life
We also finished fixing up the old cottage (or rather, my nephew and SIL finished. I supervised, LOL!).  My paternal grandparents built the three-bedroom cottage in the late fifties after the original  house was destroyed by a storm. Until August, when we began the work, we mostly used it as a junkyard, dumping old furniture and things we were no longer using in there. It was a mess, and I thought it was a waste of a good space.

Thankfully SIL and my nephew, who both needed business premises, agreed. Their fix involved repairing and painting the roof (we actually need a new roof, but we'll make do for now) and removing all the clutter. They also reinforced one wall, plastered most of the cracks, scraped and painted the interior and exterior walls.They also fixed the electrical wiring and have now moved both their businesses in there.

Moving SIL's business out of my house means that I now have a room I can turn into my writing room, instead of using a diningroom corner. I'm already dreaming about how I'm going to do up the space. It's going to be so nice to have a space where I can spread out my research stuff / can sit in a corner to write  by hand and have space for all my computers and peripherals.

But that's only going to happen in the far off future. For the next couple of weeks, I plan to do a lot of  client writing.

2 comments:

po said...

Wow, you guys are good at renovation, that cottage looks good. I hope you can share a photo of your new office :)

Damaria Senne said...

Thanks Po. I'd be happy to show you guys my office when it's done. it will be a while though.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.