Thursday, January 16, 2014

B is For Bookmarks

Have you been archiving blog posts that are offering you advice that could help you improve your business, blog or website as you visit the participants of the VA Blogging Challenge?

If not, I suggest you start, because some of the posts offer really useful information and need you to read them again more slowly, with the view of implementing what you are learning. That will add extra value to your blog challenge participation.


And while you're busy bookmarking articles, feel free to include some of these articles/pages in your bookmarks:

7 Book Promotion Strategies  - In this article I share book promotion strategies that I have used in the past. These strategies could also work for promoting other products and services, and your blog or website. Try them.

How to price a project -  In this post, Lori Widmer gives us advice as part of her Free Advice Friday.  me. Ja, I know her target audience is freelance writers, but you definitely have to explore the rest of her blog while you're there visiting. It has been a huge resource for me.

The Science, Art and Voodoo of Freelance Pricing and Getting Paid - In this boook, author Jake Poinier shares easy-to-implement insights to help you secure freelance jobs and earn a higher rate than you ever thought possible.

If you can't buy the book now, then bookmark the page and buy it when you have the money. If you're not convinced that you need it, bookmark the page anyway, and you can look at the issue again when you're having a frustrating day with clients who try to lowball you or won't pay on time.

Resources for bloggers - Jen Mattern has a whole section of Indiewriters dedicated to bloggers. She says "The aim of this blog is to help bloggers of all experience levels get started, improve their blog writing skills and content strategy, grow a bigger audience, and make money blogging if they’d like to."

Check it out.


6 comments:

Jake Poinier said...

Thanks so much for the kind mention of my book, Damaria!

Anonymous said...

Love bookmarks and I'm so enjoying the challenge! I especially like your article on book marketing. That is one of my specialities and I couldn't agree with you more on some of your tips, especially writing press releases. They really do help. Thanks! Diana Ennen

Damaria Senne said...

@Jake - My pleasure.
@Diana - Glad you enjoyed my book promotion post.

susan mershon said...

Great bookmarks, I've bookmarked them myself to read more. Susan

Shawn said...

I love bookmarks. My husband says I go a little overboard but it is so hard to refind some of those sites so I bookmark them. I will have to check out some of your recommendations. After all, I have my bookmark ready to go!

Damaria Senne said...

@Shawn - Bookmarks are like diamonds. One can never have too many of them :-)
@Susan - I hope you find the information useful for your business.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.