Sunday, March 02, 2014

A Wet Lazy Sunday

I'm  having one of those slow, wet, lazy Sundays that you wish could go on forever. It's midday as I write this post, and I'm sitting on my bed with pillows balancing my back, a laptop in front of me and curtains wide open so I can watch the slow gentle rain outside.

I had a massive cook-out yesterday, preparing various dishes to freeze for days when I don't want to cook. The house is clean and tidy, the garden planted up and soaking up the rain water and this morning I quickly baked some scones.

It's lovely... this feeling that nothing is urgent or stressful today... that I can sit here and write to my heart's content and there is  nothing else calling to me to do.

Tomorrow will be different I know: there are deadlines to meet, errands to run,  maybe even a visit to the doctor for Mma (the dermatitis is back, and I'm halfway convinced it's an allergy to something). But for today, Mma is nice and warm, watching TV a few feet from me and I can just sit here and listen to my characters tell their stories.

4 comments:

Corinne Rodrigues said...

Sounds like a lovely Sunday, indeed, Damaria. I would love to hear your characters' stories someday!
Hope Mma gets well soon.

po said...

I had a day like that yesterday, although I was not as productive as you, doing actual writing. Today I am in the lab but itching to get out and cuddle up in bed!

Student Mommy said...

That's so wonderful. I absolutely love days like that.

Alex Hurst said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Enjoy it, and see you in April!

Alex Hurst, fantasy author in Japan, participating in Blogging A-Z April Challenge.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.