Friday, March 05, 2010

Making A Difference To Children Affected By HIV

Got a press release from a PR agency telling me about Where You Are: Project Swaziland, an initiative that aims to highlight the impact of HIV & AIDS on children in Swaziland.

Forwarded the info to a client for possible partnering, but not sure what else do with the info, though it interests me a lot. I think part of the attraction for me is that it's a combination of a fundraising project, there will be actual work being done to support the kids through day camps, and they'll film the day to day activities as the work is being done and develop that into a feature film.

Huh! Now that I'm writing this down I'm realising that the project resonates because Where You Are: Project Swaziland has many similarities with Kwanda, community makeover TV show I worked on a couple of months back.

Anyhoo, according to the media statement, the project is made up of 3 parts:

1. Establishing a day camp in Swaziland for children to provide education, health initiatives etc. The camps will be the first step in making a difference in the everyday lives of the children.

2. C& I Studios will capture on film the day to day work being done by not only individuals, and international development organisations working in Swaziland. .

3. Production of a feature length film based on their work. Casting has not been completed, but Where You Are has already signed Zoe McLellan (JAG, Dirty Sexy Money) as the female lead and Brian Larabee (Baby Let Your Hair Hang Down) as the male lead, Shaun Hunter.

For more info about the project, check out their web site.

2 comments:

Joshua MIller said...

Hi Damaria,

I'm Joshua Miller, Director of C&I Studios, and Where You Are: Project Swaziland.

Thank you so much for writing about our project. I would love to keep you updated with the project and where its going. Can you send me your email address? mine is contact@c-istudios.com.

And again thank you so much for taking the time to write about us. It really means a lot when people support us. Thank you! Thank you!

Its amazing to have you standing next to us. If there is anything we can do for you, please let me know. Thank you.

Damaria Senne said...

Your project really resonates with me, and I liked writing about it. I have emailed you directly with my contact details. And please keep me updated. I also hope that you and my client have some synergy and maybe hook up.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.