Friday, May 07, 2010

Planting Flowers On The Pavement


Tomorrow some of the residents in my suburb are going to meet up to plant up and beautify a space at a busy intersection.

We're donating seedlings, compost, labour etc for the initiative [see the pic of the seedlings I'm donating on the left.] It's also a good excuse for residents to meet and get to know each other.

I'm also havin a couple of old friends come over to brainstorm some work ideas, and then we'll hang out. We've all known each other since high school /university, so it's always good to meet up. Comforting too, to have lunch with people who knew me when I was still a teenager.

One of the friends is enroute from the North West province to KZN, and if I'm lucky, I can sweet talk her to stay over a night or two.

As for work, check out this 15-minute documentary which outlines the OneLove campaign in Zambia. Things are really going well that side.


OneLove Kwasila Documentary from Media365 on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Judy Croome | @judy_croome said...

Great idea about the seedlings and beautifying the pavements! Wish it had happened a few weeks ago - I had to throw away dozens of agapanthus that I thinned out and no-one wanted. :( Enjoy!

Judy

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.