Friday, July 30, 2010

Making A Dent

Made a dent on my long To Do list, especially in relation to the home/life issues. Today I had a plumber come in and install a new toilet set, spent way too much time on the phone sorting out some details on my medical aid and provident fund accounts and filled in forms and faxed them to my providers, replenished stationery for my office, paid bills, tried to chase down people who owe me money. Basically, I took care of a lot of details that make life and business easier, but don't earn me a cent.

Spent time with Baby on the phone. Overall, she's doing very well. She auditioned to sing in the band at church, and was accepted. She's also learning toplay the guitar. She played for me on the phone[reminder: she now lives in Durbs with her biological mother], and it actually sounded like music.


The only fly in the ointment is that yesterday she saw a car accident happen in the morning on her way to school. She was crossing the street, and a maxi bus taxi full of passengers lost control, went very closely past her ( but missed), and overturned after hitting a robot.

Passengers were injured; and of course, like a deer caught in the headlights, she couldn't drag herself away. Eventually phoned her parents, who encouraged her to go to school to wait for them, and then they phoned me.

She was a bit shaken. We all kept worrying about what could have been, especially so soon after removing her cast for the broken leg.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.