Thursday, June 29, 2006

Back with some news

Sorry I have been away for so long.

The short explanation is, I considered dropping the blog because of my hectic schedule, but someone who is turning out to be a good friend told me how much he enjoyed reading my posts.

He also gave me a sound kick in the pants.

"I no longer go to the site because that crap you have up there is stale," he said. "When are you going to post new stuff?"

Hmmm, friendship is beautiful, isn't it?

News:

a) About the agent

Had a really long meeting with my agent and I now have a clearer idea of what he can do for me. I also shared some of my plans and objectives with him, so he knows what to expect from me.

It's turning into a beautiful relationship, and I have faith that he will soon sell something.

He has submitted one of my manuscripts to a publisher. We expect to hear from them mid to end of July.

b) Thandi sets her hair on fire

I haven't sold the story yet, but it's only a matter of time. The publisher I sent it to loved it and says it works really well as a picture book.

Unfortunately she can't use it now, as she is busy with something else. She'd like to keep it for future consideration if I can't place it.

For now, Thandi will take her chances with the big bad publishing world, but it's nice to know someone else thinks she's good enough to be published.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.