Tuesday, August 15, 2006

No reply from African language author

The author I wanted to interview has not responded with a yay or nay, so I think there is a strong possibility that he will not consent to the interview.

Too bad, because I wanted to talk to him about:

1) His background
2) His thoughts on South African language writing and /fiction
3) Why he chose to write his novel in Sepedi
4) The writing process that he follows

Writing Update

I spent a lot of writing the YA novel that I’m entering into the MML Awards, and less time on the Internet.

The advantage is that I’ve been very productive on my fiction writing. Lack of access keeps me away from my favourite writing sites and chatting with friends after work, and I can focus just on writing. The negative is that being without Internet leaves me feeling disconnected with the world.

Deadline for the Sanlam Prize for Youth Literature is on Friday this week.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.