Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Macmillan Writer’s Prize for Africa

I’m going to enter the Macmillan Writer’s Prize for Africa, a biennial competition devoted to previously unpublished works of fiction by African writers. The competition also aims to promote and celebrate story writing from all over the continent, is now on.

There are two categories:

Junior Award

An original story in English for children in the 8 – 12 age range
Length: Up to 10,000 words.

Senior Award

An original story in English for teenagers between the ages of 13 and 17
Length: 14,000 to 20,000 words

The closing date for all entries is 30th June 2007.

Other competitions

I entered a number of competitions last year, but didn’t even get a mention. Never mind – 2007 is a new year chock full of new opportunities.

I’ve also entered the Telkom ICT Journalist of the year award, for my work-related writing. The winner will be announced some time in March. I hope I have better luck with this one.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.