Sunday, January 14, 2007

No New Year resolutions

For the past couple of years, I have not made any new year resolutions. The reason is that the resolutions always ended up as a long list of things I never managed to do.

I planned, visualized and worked hard to make these resolutions a reality, and each year, I failed. So each year I resolved to work harder, show stronger commitment and strength of purpose.

I think it was the beginning of 2002 when I decided to ditch the resolutions and to life to the fullest, and taking each day as it came.

Soon after, my health became dodgy and I thought I was going to die very soon. So I went back on that decision and made a list of things I wanted to do before I died.

The list was looong, and as a result, I wasted a lot of time trying to cram every meaningful stuff into every waking moment. What crock!

The much anticipated death did't happen (obviously). So I chucked the "before I die" list and went back to normal " no resolutios" status.

Things have been working out more smoothly since then. I have found that if I do my best each day, things just fall into place.

So, here I am, once again renewing my commitment to live each day to the fullest. Work hard and smart, take care of all aspects of the person I am (spiritual, physical, emotional, intellectual) and live the love and caring I have for family and friends.

I also resolve to remember that while I won't live forever ( who does except Freddy Mercury, Connor and Duncan MacLeod?), what I didn’t accomplish this year I’ll do next year. Or the following year.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.