Thursday, May 03, 2007

SCBWI Gauteng’s “Meet-the-editor” line-up

The program for the Gauteng Chapter of the Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators meeting on the 8 May includes presentations by editors from Jacana Media, Lapa Publishers (Afrikaans Publisher), Pan Macmillan and Heinemann SA

South African children’s writers and illustrators hoping to get published should not miss this event, which takes place at the Sandton Library from 10h00 – 14h30.

Stories Across Africa acknowledged receipt my submissions for their upcoming anthologies. The coordinator says they’ll let me know in October if my story has been selected for publication.

Ho hum! October is so very far off......

“MY-NAME-IS-HARRY” WRITING CONTEST

Aboon Books says it’s is offering cash prizes of $400, $200 and $100 to the best three entries in the My-Name-Is-Harry Writing Contest. Writers must write a story that begins with the following four sentences:

My name is Harry. I try to avoid saying my whole name because everyone laughs, even nice people who try not to. I was born September 1, 1991, seven years before the first Harry Potter book was published in the United States. So my parents, Marc and Brianna Potter were unaware that they were ruining my life when they named me Harry.
Contest rules can be found on the Aboon Books website www.aboonbooks.com.

Not sure if I will enter, but it sounded to me like an interesting writing exercise.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.