Saturday, July 21, 2007

Blog for "Memoir of A Zimbabwean Freedom Fighter"

Amos Nobele was born in Chegutu at the Chegutu General Hospital, on the 4th of September 1963. He was the sixth born in the family of eight children, five boys and three girls.

By the age of 10, he began to ponder joining the Zimbabwean liberation army so he could get revenge for his sister, who was murdered in his presence.

By 14, he was a war spy, entering camping sites of the Rhodesian army under the pretext of selling vegetables.

To follow Amos' story, please visit his new blog. I set it up for him so he can tell his story even while my colleague helps him turn it into a book.

For now, I will update the blog every week. Amos doesn't have access to a computer or Internet. So it's up to my colleague to type up the handwritten entries he gives to her, and for me to put it up online.

I hope you find the story as interesting as we do.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.