Saturday, July 21, 2007

A full day of creative writing

The wonderful thing about sharing child care duties with friends is that you’re sometimes granted unexpected pockets of time.

A friend arrived this morning saying she was taking the kids to spend the day at her farm outside the city. The kids can go cycling, play outside in the warm sun, she said. It sounded like a good plan considering how cold it's been the past couple of months.

It also gave me the whole of Saturday to spend as I please. What a pleasure! I feel more relaxed after putting in a full day of creative writing than I would have stressing about when I will get round to getting the projects done.

I spent most of the day working on the Parent’s Guide to MXit (my collaboration project with Ramon) and revised more than half the book.

I also wrote a new children’s story provisionally titled “Journey to good fortune.” The title feels clunky, so I’ll have to do some work on it before putting the story up online. I’ll probably post the story tomorrow after visiting with friends.

I also did some edits on some children’s stories I plan to send out this week.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.