Thursday, September 20, 2007

Didn’t make the cut

I didn’t make the cut for Mantswe a Bonono, the documentary on South Africa writers for SABC 2. I thought it was a done deal, but I understand the director shooting in Johannesburg made her own selection and art of it. I suspect I didn’t work out because I don’t do a lot of Setswana writing, and most of my work is not creative.

I’m conscious of the missed opportunity, but don’t feel disappointed or anything. That is the nature of TV, and any form of media, for that matter.

This morning, someone fell through my own cracks. I had a story planned, interviews done and then something else that we felt took precedence in the story line up came along. I will get to the planned story eventually, when I get an hour or two to myself.

Meanwhile, here’s my latest post on Mobile Life http://www.mydigitallife.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5447&Itemid=43

A recent research says frequent cellphone use may slow brain function. The research was limited, so there’s no need to panic yet.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.