Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The minutae of daily life

This past weekend I started to log all my writing activities so I can see how I can optimise my writing processes and increase productivity.

The idea initially came to me because of the Eskom power problems. I'm a creature of habit and suddenly, those habits were not serving me well because my schedule was being periodically interrupted.

I'd also like to work smarter this year and need to do activities that help accomplish my writing goals.

Anyway, I was tempted to post one of my logs here, to give the curious a glimpse into a day ( never typical) into the life of a journalist, author and blogger. But I thought it could be too much information for my readers.

Bloggers are sometimes accused of sharing too much about the minute details of their lives and I don't want to waste people's time.

But I might send a sample log to a writing magazine; I'm sure other writers would find the juggling of multiple stories, interview subjects, platforms and writing styles interesting.

If you have a minute, please click on my blog Mobile Life to check out my review of a manual source of power to charge a cellphone. This is especially relevant for my South African visitors, who could potentially be stuck with a flat battery and no power source to charge their phones ( during Eskom's power cuts). You have to crank up the devise by hand, which I did, and it did work.

Sweaty work though!

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.