Monday, February 18, 2008

Too much drama

The past couple of weeks have been full of drama – much more than I like actually. Firstly, my friend is still sick.

She came out of the hospital around the 6th February. Long enough for us to think she was going to be fine and for me to travel to Barcelona to attend the Mobile World Congress, which took place from the 11 – 14 February. Unfortunately, we celebrated too soon, and she was hospitalized again on the 15 February.

Secondly, I was robbed while in Barcelona and my laptop, credits cards and passport taken. What it boils down to is that I will not be able to blog as often as before until I have a replacement laptop and my friend’s health improves. As mentioned previously, we share child care duties, so when she is sick, her two girls stay with me, making me responsible for three kids under the age of ten.

I’m afraid I never learnt how to juggle parenting multiple kids, a fulltime job and my creative writing projects and something has to give. In this case, it’s the blogging.

I will start shopping around for a laptop this week, and my friend is also hoping for a “get out of jail free” card by the end of the week.

Once that’s done, I’ll blog once a week here on Storypot until the end of March. If life remains stable, I will resume my previous schedule and blog more often.

Losing the laptop also means the presentation I prepared for the SCWBI blogging workshop, which takes place on the 23 May, is gone.

Thankfully I have a very clear picture in my head of the issues I want to cover, so the presentation will be easy to redo.

Also, if you and I have previously corresponded and you would like to maintain the contact, please send your contact details to my work email address so I can rebuild my database.

I do have my laptop contacts synchronized with my BlackBerry phone, but like everyone else, sometimes I was lazy and left the contacts in the email, rather than capturing them in my contacts database. Those addresses are gone with the laptop now.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.