Sunday, January 25, 2009

Win Gaile Parkin's Baking Cakes in Kigali


To launch its blog, Pengin Booksin South Africa is offering the first 75 people to respond a free copy of Gaile Parkin's book, BAKING CAKES IN KIGALI. Gaile's book will only be released in February.

To win, they ask you to read Gaile's book and review it on their new blog. Email your name to zukiswa.pikoli@za.penguingroup.com

I'd like to add that Gaile is a friend of mine and I have read her book, and it's really good. The characters are interesting, the storytelling rich and layered and every time I read it, I discover something new /or a character I want to know more about.

And yes, the story is bloody funny. I found myself reading out loud bits and pieces of it to my sister because it's the kind of humour you just have to share.

I'm not entering the competition, because it would be a total waste for me to get a copy from Penguin when I have already read the book/galleys. I'd rather one more person got the chance to read the book annd blog about it. But I'll post my own review on the site after they hit 75.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.