Monday, June 15, 2009

Opportunity to tell one of my stories on TV?

It looks like opportunities are like trouble: when it rains, it pours. So, on Friday afternoon I had an email, and later a call, from an insert director of a TV programme, asking if I'm interested in working on one or two episodes with them using my children's stories.

I couldn't say YES fast enough!

The first season of the series is already being broadcast on a national TV station , so my story would be used for season 2. Sorry, I can't give details about which series, until details are finalised and i'm sure the production company is cool with my blogging about it.

The insert director has already sent a short brief, and I'm supposed to send her the chosen story I want to work with. Ideally, the story should have some strong visual opportunity.

Anyway, wish me luck, so this opportunity goes very smoothly.

Thank God for Exclusive Books/Seattle Coffee Company

I’ve previously mentioned that I love shopping at Exclusive Books? Well, today I decided I HEART them even more.

I knew that some of the bookstores had the Seattle Coffee Company attached to the premises, but I’d never gone into the coffee shop (opportunity never arose, and I don’t drink coffee at all).

Anyway, today I went to Pretoria for a series of meetings, and I needed a base of operations in-between going to people's offices.

The outlet at Brooklyn Mall was fantastic. They kept the tea coming, and the service was excellent.

Best of all, they did have plug points for me to connect my laptop, and offered me wireless for 10 minutes. Apparently the name and password I got entitled me to 10-minute usage everyday.

Next time I’m in a mall needing a base of operations, I will check them out. Pity the Exclusive Books in my suburb doesn’t have the coffee shop.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Ooohh that insert sounds awesome!!

Brooklyn Mall is like a stones throw from my office :)

iWrite2Know said...

Most professionals believe in a philosophy most talked about. That philosophy is: “Always commit with a delivery. Never commit before a detailed discussion on the subject matter. Read the fine print.”

Damaria Senne said...

Thanks for the advice. I've had dealings with the insert director before, so I know she can deliver her end. So the ball is really in my court, and what I need to do is choose the children's story that works best for the occassion.

Ms Lona-Lee Hart said...

Ms Lona-Lee says iWrite2Know is a fount of testosterone.He's a fixer and he's given good advice but hey I've got a river of oestrogen flowing through me and I say you go, girl! (AFTER you read the fine print.) BTW, I also love Seattle Coffee linked with Exclusive Books. There is one near me at Cresta and it's the bomb. Lots of love as the last day of my 4-day weekend looms on the horizon. Have a great Youth Day and here's to the memory of all the young people who gave their lives for the struggle.

Damaria Senne said...

Thanks Ms Lona-Lee. And iW2K is right about making sure things are kosher re contracts. Thankfully, I have Baby Brother on hand to take care of legal matters. HE reads the fine print.

BeckyJoie said...

How exciting for you!

iWrite2Know said...

You're welcome Damaria. I hope the children's books you are writing entertain the kids induced with a moral message.

Pamela said...

Woo hoo - exciting!

And there is nothing like good service and a few beneficial extra's to keep a girl happy.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.