Sunday, July 05, 2009

Baking Cakes In Kigali Is Librarians' Pick At Book Expo America 2009

My friend Gaile Parkin's debut novel BAKING CAKES IN KIGALI was Libarians' Pick at Book Expo America 2009.

Congratulations, Gaile. I am so proud of you!

And if you haven't read the book, buy it from your nearest Exclusive Books, or through Amazon.

I loved it. It's well-written, touches on some serious life issues including post-genocide Rwanda without getting boring, or worse, depressing.

In fact, I found it so funny I couldn't help reading bits of it to my sister as I went along, just to share the humour with her.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.