Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pity We Don't Live In An Ideal World

In my ideal world, I could shut the whole world out, write until the words rattling around my brain were on the screen, with no outside demands being made on me whatsoever.

But I live in the real world, where editors and clients have expectations, and if these expectations are not met, sooner or later you don't have a writing career to worry about.

So I had to spend most of the morning copy-editing, rewriting, writing fresh copy and chasing people for info and pics. It wasn't art, as writing is sometimes portrayed as, but more as a craft. I didn't mind too much though.

Still running late on projects, but I'm coming to terms with that. I'll just have to keep my head down, keep working until it's all done.

Meanwhile, I'm still soliciting advice for a woman who says she's afraid to break up with her married lover because she relies on him emotionally. She also says she's very unhappy because she's mostly alone, as he is home with his wife. Kind of a paradox there, don't you think? She has a a six year old child with him, so they're never going to have a clean break.

And legal arguments for the case on the property rights of co-habitating parners have been postponed to October. Hopefully, this gives me time to pitch a couple of stories to magazines for their August/National woman's month issues. After I finish the projects I'm working on and have cleaned up the mess in my head:-)

If you want to keep up to date on this issue, and other issues like it, become a fan of my Shukumisa FB page.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.