Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How To Ruin A Really Good Day

The day was flowing nicely and smoothly, and I was starting to make headway in the content I was writing that day. Then around 15h30, my laptop crashed and the whole date/time system changed to 10 January 2006. No worries, I thought, reinitialising the machine etc.

Except, about five hours of work that I'd one on the day was missing. I used every search option on Windows and Word. No joy!

A big fat THANK YOU to Tavasa forum member Nelmarie Pohlmann, who sent me a programme called File scavenger, and then spent hours helping me look for my documents. Your instructions were very clear and easy to follow and I expect, they will be useful in the future. Pity the results were disappointing, in this case.

4 comments:

tiah said...

I winced. That is awful. :(

Damaria Senne said...

Yep. spent the day fixing laptop ( now it works fine) and recovering lost work. And today is a new day, and hopefully, a better one :-).

Rebecca A Emrich said...

sounds awful... my internet is wonky but thankfully not down for teh count yet!

Anonymous said...

Hi Damaria, this is my first visit and want to let you know how much you are already inspiring me!
Love you name, it sounds like Portuguese.
My PC started crashing, too, lately. Hope this is just a
Winter thing...:)

I will contact you soon.

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.